Talk

Advanced search

Day 1 - should I give up?

(6 Posts)
pipsipoos Sat 15-Nov-14 17:59:23

My daughter is 2 and 6 months. 3 months ago I tried potty training and she clearly wasn't ready. I tried again today but she still doesn't seem to get it. Not one wee or poo in or even near the potty, every bladder/bowel movement in the pants without any apparent shame/embarrassment/bother. She doesn't seem to be able to control when she goes as she sat on the potty on and off for about 20 mins and then wee'ed on the floor about 5 mins later. She even wee'ed on the floor with the potty right next to her! Should I persevere tomorrow or is she just not ready yet? I don't want to do her a dis-service by giving up on her again but it's just not seeming to click with her. Help!

FairlyUseless Sat 15-Nov-14 18:04:01

Give up. Life is too short and she doesn't seem to be ready. Try again in another 3 months, otherwise you'll both get stressed and it will take twice as long!

pipsipoos Sat 15-Nov-14 18:23:54

FairlyUseless you are FairlyAmazing x

startwig1982 Sat 15-Nov-14 18:27:10

I did ds when he was 2.10. The first day was disastrous. Nothing in the toilet or potty and lots on the floor. The next day we had two successes and after a week we didn't look back. Maybe she's a bit young still but ime there are lots of accidents first.

LittleBearPad Wed 19-Nov-14 15:35:06

We tried today, Dd is 2.6. Massive success the first time she saton the potty but went rapidly downhill and she ended up hysterical especially after a poo on the floor. I've decided to give it a few more months.

halfdrunkcoffee Fri 21-Nov-14 19:56:18

My son was like that when he was that age. He would sit on the potty for ages and then get off it and wee on the floor. Eventually he just got the hang of it at 2.11.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now