Talk

Advanced search

Basic Q, but what potty are you using?

(18 Posts)
u32ng Sun 02-Nov-14 22:00:47

I know buying a potty shouldn't be rocket science but I just want to make sure I don't waste my money on one that is uncomfortable or a pest to empty.

Was looking at the Pourty one online (and also noticed the extortionately priced Babybjorn throne-like one!) & for £10 thought it'd be ok but slightly put off by a couple of reviews about it not being the best for boys as it isn't high enough at the front.

Didn't even know I had to consider such things as the front height!hmm

So, I would appreciate some potty recommendations to steer me in the right direction!

Chipandspuds Sun 02-Nov-14 22:05:04

I got this one from Mothercare for DS (2.5) and it's been fine. I think if your LO is into any particular characters it's good to get a character one if possible. DS has put stickers on his potty hmm

www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Snoozie-Safari-Potty/613544,default,pd.html

beanandspud Sun 02-Nov-14 22:07:12

This might not be what you want to hear but we didn't bother with a potty. I bought a couple of those padded toilet seats and some steps instead. They were used for much longer than a potty, less mess and didn't have to transition to the toilet after a potty.

hollie84 Sun 02-Nov-14 22:09:33

Just the cheapest Ikea one.

EskiDecaff Sun 02-Nov-14 22:09:50

Something simple and easy to clean as pp link. Ds is also the owner of a potty decorated with stickershmm mostly apple stickers

Fresh01 Tue 04-Nov-14 13:12:47

Something cheap and simple. Some kids use them for a while my DC1 did. But the other 3 just sat on it once or twice and then copied the older one using the toilet. I know of some boys who prefer to copy their daddy or big brother and start standing at the toilet to wee very quickly. My DS sat till he saw other boys around the age of 4 as he only had sisters.
I would say a cheap potty, simple toilet seat insert and a good sturdy step stool so they can get to the toilet if they want to. I just put it all in the downstairs loo and let them choose what to sit on.

fraggle84 Thu 06-Nov-14 19:59:26

The baby bjorn potty chair. Def worth the price (£19) for ds as hes really tall its comfy for his long legs. We had a pourty one but it was too low and he was uncomfortable on it

gruber Thu 06-Nov-14 20:02:01

2 cheap Ikea ones turned round (so the back becomes the front). Then with the rest of the £10, an Ikea step and a simple toilet seat insert. Job done- potty upstairs, potty downstairs, and a seat for the toilet.

PookBob Thu 06-Nov-14 20:03:51

Asda £1 white potty.

With dinosaur stickers smile

TheNumberfaker Thu 06-Nov-14 20:25:31

A really cheap one from asda. About £2 each so we had 3 around the house. Ours got covered in stickers too.

u32ng Sat 08-Nov-14 22:01:20

Ok, so it sounds like I need to get some stickers as well! I swear have an inner 6yr old meaning I will be delighted to have stickers in the house for me DS to stick on the potty grin

nosleeptilever Sun 09-Nov-14 22:45:16

I shelled out for 2 babybjorns (upstairs and downstairs) and thought they were great. worth it.

nailslikeknives Sun 09-Nov-14 22:47:01

Pourty, it's v g. Pours into the loo afterwards without dribbling everywhere. Apart from that, it's a standard potty.

nailslikeknives Sun 09-Nov-14 22:48:27

But the best thing is/was a family toilet seat, the kind with a little one inside a big one, so they feel safe and not about to fall into the loo!

beavington Sun 09-Nov-14 22:49:59

I stressed a bit over buying a potty when i saw how many there are and how bloody expensive some of them are! I settled on one from the pound shop grin

BathshebaDarkstone Sun 09-Nov-14 22:50:30

DS has got a Mothercare Thomas the Tank Engine one. He'll sit on it for ages if he's got Angry Birds Rio on my phone! grin

Artandco Sun 09-Nov-14 22:53:24

The babybjorn toilet seat. Lasts longer than potty and no emptying and cleaning pissing potty as straight in toilet. It's high at front for boys. Oh and step to reach

MiaowTheCat Mon 10-Nov-14 19:00:49

One of the baby bjorn chair ones - DD1 is so bloody tall she was struggling to get down to the level of the el-cheapo one we had before that! Cringed at the cost of it though but she does seem more keen to sit on it/lounge in splendour with that extra height.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now