Talk

Advanced search

I've been given a mini toilet for my DS...

(4 Posts)
hilbobaggins Sat 01-Nov-14 10:28:00

Our lovely (if occasionally opinionated) neighbour has bought my DS (2.2) a tiny little loo "to help him with his potty training". This is my first time with all this and she assures me it's the best thing ever. It has stars that light up and delivers stickers. It's all wildly over-produced and certainly not something I'd have bought him.

Does anyone have any thoughts about using something like this? I like to keep things fairly low-key and don't want him to associate going to the loo with getting lights and whistles etc every single time - I don't want to have to take the thing camping with us, for instance.

I'm thinking a plain potty might be easier. But maybe it doesn't actually matter. Any thoughts from those who've been through this before?

u32ng Sun 02-Nov-14 22:05:14

Sounds like an interesting little loo!!

If you're not sure about it maybe you could put it to one side and only bring it out to use if things go pear shaped with potty training, and you feel he needs some fun encouragement?

EskiDecaff Sun 02-Nov-14 22:08:11

That does sound brilliant fun! Does it take up much space? Are you going to keep it in the bathroom or move it round as per normal potty procedure? I have no serious advice, I'm sorry- but wowgrin

BlueberriesAndWine Tue 11-Nov-14 16:22:43

Hi, just curious if you have used this and how it is going for you.

We have the same one by the sounds of it, DH bought it hmm and like you I think it's a bit over the top.

My DS has sat on it a couple of times but we haven't really started the whole training thing yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now