Talk

Advanced search

Nappies at nap time?

(5 Posts)
Bezzabelle Tue 01-Apr-14 22:26:56

Going to start potty training ds in Easter hols next week- he is 2.8. I know I should still put a nappy on him at night initially but what about his nap? Currently still having 2 hour nap after lunch which he still needs and I don't want to stop it yet as 31 weeks pregnant and it's quite nice to have the break! Any thoughts?

Cataline Tue 01-Apr-14 22:29:40

Could you pop a changing pad under him? I used these for car journeys too as I was very reluctant to confuse DS by putting a nappy back on during the day.

My DS is almost 3 and potty trained a couple of months ago. I initially put a nappy on for his nap but took him for a wee straight before and straight after, removing the nappy then. His nappy was always dry so I quite quickly moved to just putting him over the waterproof mattress protector (still doing the pre-nap wee). No accidents.

Just stick with a nappy until you think he can last the 2 hours - if the nappy's dry he can do it!

2beornot Tue 01-Apr-14 22:31:43

We put a pull up on dd initially, now she is down to just a nappy at night (fingers crossed not for much longer!)

I was concerned about confusing him but just explained he wore a nappy for sleeping in case he did a wee in his sleep and that he couldn't wear it when he was awake. He seemed fine and we still have to put him in pull-ups at night just in case, which he understands too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now