Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2 year old doing tiny poos?

(6 Posts)
FobblyWoof Sat 29-Mar-14 13:57:29

A couple of weeks ago DD (two last month) started doing really small poos. Sometimes they're so small you can't even see them by taking a look down her nappy because they are (tmi) still between her cheeks.

She's not straining and they don't seem to hurt at all. Nor are they hard and dry, but they're tiny and she's doing them a lot during the day. Today has been particularly bad but it's been six so far.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to book a doctors appointment on Monday because surely this can't be normal? confused Her bum is ending up sore because it's very hard to tell when she's pooed because it's so small you can't smell it, and she'll normally only tell me she's done one when it's really bothering her which means it's been there a while. Obviously I do check her a lot but I can't be looking all day. All the wiping can't be helping her either sad

We were just about to start potty training her. She's shown lots of signs and will quite happily wee on the potty but we've been delaying it because she has a new sibling and we didn't want too much change for her at once. Now we're really unsure. I always thought one of the signs of potty training was doing larger, more infrequent stools, not the other way around.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know the cause? Will attempting to potty train help with the problem or make it worse?

ilovepowerhoop Sat 29-Mar-14 13:59:07

is she taking enough fluids?

FobblyWoof Sat 29-Mar-14 17:09:33

Yes, more so than usual in the last week as I've giving her squash at home which she wolfs down confused

DrewsWife Sat 29-Mar-14 17:12:41

Are you sure it's DD and not a bunny??

Seriously not sure apart from liquids and maybe mention to doctor

PirateJones Sun 30-Mar-14 14:46:36

I’m thinking constipation, even though its not very hard or causing pain.

FobblyWoof Mon 31-Mar-14 08:21:50

A bunny is honestly a good way to describe it!

A much better day yesterday, though she was very sore. I think it had got to the stage where it was hurting when she went so she was holding it in, making it worse and that's why her poos were so small, but we had a busy day yesterday so she was distracted and low and behold she went properly. Strange though because she wasn't sore at all when she first started doing them confused

I still think I'll take her along to the doctors today, just in case

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now