Talk

Advanced search

I think my DD is scared to try the potty

(3 Posts)
recall Fri 28-Mar-14 00:24:30

My daughter is 3.5, and I think she is frightened of weeing without a nappy. She has done this by accident a couple of times and become hysterical, I can see she is freaked out by it. I have also noticed that she gets very upset if she spills drinks on herself. She is determined not to try it. Ive tried bribery, but she isn't interested. I don't know how to move forward…any suggestions ?

clabsyqueen Fri 28-Mar-14 22:30:28

My daughter (2,7) also gets upset about spilling drinks but not weeing without a nappy so they might not be connected.
Have you tried having some regular 'bare bum' time? As my daughter calls it! Accidents happen naturally when children run freely and as long as you are relaxed and ready with tissues it can be a gentle way to start training I think. This how my daughter started to notice when she had a wee. We could then talk about it and tell her how to 'hold it'. After several months of bare bum time we have reached our goal at age 2yr 7mth

pasbeaucoupdegendarme Fri 28-Mar-14 22:33:41

My daughter is a lot younger (20mo) but we are also beginning potty training and she is definitely scared to try and go on the potty, and gets upset (although not hysterical) and wants a cloth to wipe up when she wees on the floor. So no advice but I hope someone comes along who has!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now