Talk

Advanced search

My toilet - trained son has started wetting himself again...

(3 Posts)
PinkSpottyCow Sun 23-Mar-14 22:18:14

Hi everyone
I wonder if anyone has any advice please... my son will be 4 in June and has been potty trained since he was 3. However, for the past few weeks he has started just wetting himself rather than going to the toilet. I'm not really sure how to handle it.
My husband and I have tried telling him it's what little boys do and he is a big boy so shouldn't do it but it's just not working. He's been very sensitive lately too and just seems to cry for no reason.
We know it's all totally out of character for him but just don't know where to start.
The only change has been since mid January he has been going to nursery full time (every day) whilst I am off work suffering from a MS relapse. He used to go to my dad's for 3 days and nursery for 2. He doesn't seem to be doing it at nursery tho as he's coming home in the same clothes so I assume it's not just because he's too busy playing.
Sorry for the essay. I'd love any suggestions xxxxx

MrsBartowski Sun 23-Mar-14 22:20:40

I had similar with DD at the same age. I took her to the GP and a urine test showed she had an infection despite not complaining about any soreness etc.

Worth a visit to the doctor imho.

odyssey2001 Mon 24-Mar-14 09:21:29

Sorry to be intrusive, but is he aware of your illness? Are you doing things / behaving differently since your relapse. If he is only doing it at home and that is where you are, then maybe he is picking up on things at home. Kids are incredibly perceptive about these things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now