Talk

Advanced search

At the end of my tether- potty training regression

(5 Posts)
EauRouge Mon 03-Mar-14 11:22:50

DD2 just turned 3. She'd been dry all day for several months and would happily sit on the potty when she needed with no prompting at all. Then all of a sudden she just stopped. She's only used the potty properly a couple of times in the last 5 or 6 weeks. Nothing really has changed at home so I don't think it's psychological.

I am so sick of cleaning up puddles of wee. We've tried a sticker chart and she's not interested. When we ask her to sit on the potty she just refuses. Any ideas?

EauRouge Tue 04-Mar-14 12:08:57

Bump

Any ideas please? She just peed all over the sofa again, I only left her there for a couple of minutes while I grabbed a clean nappy from upstairs.

safetyzone Sun 09-Mar-14 08:18:45

Have you tried using toilet training seat with her?

crazy88 Sun 09-Mar-14 08:33:23

Bribery? Go out and get her to choose some treats - we have a bowl of chocolate buttons, little haribo etc, and he can choose something every time he goes to the potty. Don't react if she has an 'accident', and don't put her back in nappies. Are you at home with her every day? Take her with you every time you leave the room, even if you have to pick her up and take her with you.

It is maddening. My second did this but I had had another baby so was sort of expecting it. The good thing is that you know she is capable of it so is just a case of motivating her to do it again. Presumably she is healthy in other ways? Make sure she is getting lots of positive praise and attention for other behaviour to take the attention off potty training and she will be more likely to want to co-operate in other ways. Good luck smile

EauRouge Sun 09-Mar-14 08:40:01

Yes, we have a loo seat and I've told her she can have a sweet every time she goes on the potty or loo. Still having accidents sad I'm wondering if she's got a UTI because her wee smells a bit funny, so I think I'll take her to the GP tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now