Talk

Advanced search

Night time toilet training when you have a downstairs loo!

(2 Posts)
MrsKevo Sat 01-Mar-14 00:35:33

I have a 3 1/2 yr old who is toilet trained in the day with hardly any accidents with just a nappy at night time. Am keen to start trying her without a nappy at night but have an old fashioned 2 up 2 down with a loo all the way at the back through the kitchen. She'd have to navigate 2 doors and stairs and can't reach the light switches so really would need to be accompanied if it was after we'd gone to bed and I think the time it would take to rouse one of us then get through the house might be that bit too long. She has a potty upstairs still but she is a bit big for it now so was wondering if anyone could recommend a higher potty chair/similar solution, or had any tips of how to get round this? Don't really want to leave lights on overnight and don't think a nightlight (in the plug socket) would offer enough light. Any thoughts please? xx

EvaLongoria Sat 01-Mar-14 00:55:33

We recently moved from a 3 toilet house to a setup similar to yours. My dd will be 3 at the end of March and is very tall for her age. With our bathroom downstairs on the other side of the kitchen we've also kept her potty upstairs to make it easy for her and us at night. We use the Fisher price sing along potty bought for my now 6 year old when she was 2. We've not have any issues as it's not flat on the floor like some Potties we've seen. We've also before had friends' kids used it when they needed to before and some were 4 as it used to be in our downstairs loo in the old house. www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/67/15283/fisher-price-my-potty-friend-/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now