Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used the 'Toilet Training In Less Than A Day' book?

(13 Posts)
AntoinetteCosway Fri 28-Feb-14 13:07:09

Reviews on Amazon are mostly brilliant with a few saying 'this is practically child abuse!' so I'm interested in MN opinions before I buy the book!

Guardianto2 Fri 28-Feb-14 14:03:38

I did with my nephew, it worked with him.

The "practically child abuse" thing is because you have to keep them in a near the bathroom / toilet for 2 or 3 hours.
You let them play in the room with toys and stuff and reward dry pants every 15 minutes, it's no more abusive than sitting your child on the toilet every 15 minutes.

I found a blog where this woman bascially gives a step by step guide from the book.

http://www.largefamiliesonpurpose.com/2012/06/potty-training-children-in-less-than.html[

AntoinetteCosway Fri 28-Feb-14 14:47:16

Ok, that definitely doesn't sound like abuse! We have carpets everywhere apart from the bathroom so I've been envisaging lining the floors with towels. Staying close to the bathroom for a day sounds better-especially if it is only a day.

Guardianto2 Fri 28-Feb-14 16:18:55

It was recommended to me by a social worker, as my nephew was 4 she said it works well with older kids. so i don't think anything in it is abusive, somethings you have to change becuase it's American and written with big bathrooms in mind, so plenty of room for the contents of the toy box to be brought up, not tiny little toilets.

AntoinetteCosway Fri 28-Feb-14 17:36:01

Our bathroom's on the tiny side. Have ordered the book so will give it a go. Did you go straight for the toilet or get him to use a potty first?

Breakage Fri 28-Feb-14 17:46:19

I agree with Guardianot. it can work with children who are past ready - those who already have all the control required and just need to be asked to get on with it IYSWM

It won't work with younger children IMO.

AntoinetteCosway Fri 28-Feb-14 18:19:04

Hm...DD is 2.5 so maybe too young then. She is quite good at telling me when she needs a poo and on occasion has gone to get the potty and put herself on it which I thought was quite encouraging. She doesn't wake up dry though-sometimes from naps but never overnight.

AntoinetteCosway Fri 28-Feb-14 18:19:20

I just want it to be easy dammit!

Monissa84 Mon 03-Mar-14 00:30:02

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

AntoinetteCosway Mon 03-Mar-14 08:00:45

That's pretty expensive!!

AntoinetteCosway Wed 26-Mar-14 15:10:05

Just thought I'd update. Half way through day one of this system and we have had precisely...0 wees on the potty. We have, however, had 6 on the floor.

confused

She loved teaching the dolly and she definitely understands what she's meant to do, but I think she doesn't realise when she's about to go. I am going to carry on till this evening and if we've had no successes by then I'm going to give up and leave it for a few weeks. It's been rather demoralising.

MrsBungle Wed 26-Mar-14 15:13:04

I used the Lora Jensen 4 day method. 3 days of wees everywhere as on day 4 - dd cracked it. It was really good and I expect more realistic for a 2 year old than 'getting it' in 1 day.

PirateJones Wed 26-Mar-14 16:53:21

^ I am going to carry on till this evening and if we've had no successes by then I'm going to give up and leave it for a few weeks. It's been rather demoralising.^

She might just be too young to control things, when it comes down to it you always end up waiting until their bodies are ready.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now