Talk

Advanced search

stressed need help

(5 Posts)
stressed101 Wed 26-Feb-14 19:37:20

Me and my mother in law are trying to potty train my husbands 3 year old daughter and we have tried everything but she wont use it..we sit her on it and she will kick cry scream jump up and down and even huckle buck on us. We need some help we have tried the potty chart we have tried surprises we have even showed her the big girl panties we got her. She will not use it as soon as we let her up she pees in her pull up. Please help us!

Oinkmooquack Fri 28-Feb-14 12:48:57

Try going straight to toilet given she is 3? She might prefer that. Avoid forcing her...does she say she needs a wee or poo? If she does you could suggest she uses toilet then, and you'll help her if she needs you to.

Flicktheswitch Fri 28-Feb-14 12:58:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

starsandmoonandback Sat 01-Mar-14 13:45:39

She just doesn't sound ready yet. You really need her to choose to sit in the potty herself. She may not wee or poo at first but sitting on it is progress. The last thing you want to do is force get on it as she will then associate using it as something awful. I would suggest waiting a bit until she's more emotionally ready?

Monissa84 Mon 03-Mar-14 00:21:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now