Talk

Advanced search

night wetting

(3 Posts)
candm Tue 25-Feb-14 14:19:06

any tips for getting my 51/2 year old dry at night, perfectly fine during day.

UnknownGnome Tue 25-Feb-14 15:48:44

In my experience, just give it time.

My ds (8) recently became dry spontaneously. We'd actually been to see the Dr shortly before who prescribed medication, desmopressin i think it was. We weren't completely happy about mediating ds so we decided to wait a bit longer and - hey presto - he suddenly became dry on his own. We didn't do anything differently. Until the point of him being dry his pullups would thump to.the ground every morning they were so full. Occasionally he would leak out of them. The dryness really came from nowhere and two months in i'm hoping this is it now.

5 is still relatively young. You could help by making sure your dc drinks plenty during the day, and avoid dark coloured drinks (blackcurrant juice etc) and fizzy drinks.

Try not to worry. It's incredibly common for children to still bedwetting at this age.

SydneyB Tue 25-Feb-14 15:55:45

I've a 7.5 yr old DD still wetting at night. I've been in touch with ERIC who have been great but at the moment we've not done anything else so I'm interested to hear your story unknowngnome. I'm prepared to go to the GP if DD wants to but at the moment she's not bothered. I'm also reluctant to go the medicating route. I think you'll find there are many, many 5 yr old still not dry at night candm!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now