Talk

Advanced search

Late potty training - When and how does it end?

(1 Post)
AutumnMadness Sun 23-Feb-14 20:12:21

This seems to be a problem for many people. It certainly is for us. So far, a rather classic story: DS never showed any signs of being ready to be use the potty/toilet. We started potty training him when he was about 2 years and 9 months, he got wees fast, but still poos in his pants now at 3 years and 1 month. He also never asks to go to the toilet and will wee in his pants unless I or DH sit take the initiative. He is out of nappies for nights too (refuses to wear them), but wets the bed half the time.

I would like to ask people who had this experience with their children - how long did it take for your children to "get it"? Did you do anything to make it happen?

I am a bit peed off (pun not intended) by the whole promise of potty training being so easy if you only wait till the "right time". If I knew beforehand that it would be such a massive issue, I would have started potty training DS much, much earlier. I went to kindergarten in a country where early potty training was the norm, and I do not remember any children there (all were older than 3) being smelly or having accidents.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now