Talk

Advanced search

potty training and carpets in rented accommodation

(7 Posts)
Badgerwife Thu 20-Feb-14 16:27:03

I've just started potty training DD1 who is 2.6. If she is naked from the waist down she takes herself to the potty without asking and pees in it almost every time apart from the occasional accident. No poos yet.

the big problem is that if she has knickers on, she just pees in them everywhere as if they were nappies. This would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that there's carpet everywhere and we are renting. I can't just leave her to pee (and poo) like this.

But what do I do? DO I just leave her naked all the time? It seems to defeat the object of teaching her to take her knickers on and off

onepieceoflollipop Thu 20-Feb-14 16:35:04

Put trousers /tights on over her pants, they soak up more. Stay in one or two rooms, cover the carpet with old towels or similar. if she is ready to potty train, there won't be many accidents after the first week or so. Good luck.

Badgerwife Thu 20-Feb-14 19:20:40

thanks, I will follow all of your advice!!

onepieceoflollipop Thu 20-Feb-14 20:02:59

i hated potty training...and apparently my two weren't too bad (according to friends). Just remember the damp days will soon pass and nappies will be behind you! smile

mumofboyo Sun 23-Feb-14 17:04:26

you can get some stuff from the pet shop that you sprinkle on the wet patch. you leave it ten mins and then vac it up; the area is bone dry and shouldn't smell.
the thing is, I think it only works well on fresh patches.

Badgerwife Sun 23-Feb-14 22:22:32

mumofboyo thank you so much for this; we had been wondering how to tackle the accidents as the carpet is of poor quality and the rooms not well insulated so the lingering smell of pee was really off-putting. I'll be visiting the pet shop as soon as possible!

VikingLady Mon 24-Feb-14 19:21:20

You can get a spray stuff from Wilkinsons for about £4 that works on dired stuff. We used it on cat wee in our hall and will be using it this week when we start PT DD!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now