Talk

Advanced search

21 months old - to early?

(8 Posts)
MzPixielated Mon 10-Feb-14 16:16:58

I wasn't really planning to start potty training today. out of curiosity I took dds nappy off and showed her to the potty. shes been telling me since about 17 months when she goes wee or poo but I thought it was far to early to do anything potty training wise. She's had the nappy off all day and done three wees in the potty and two on the floor. Should I carry on and try to potty train her now or wait until shes older? my ds was much much later and it took years but that was probably due to his asd. so im not sure..
Thank you for reading!

MotherOfInsomniacToddlers Mon 10-Feb-14 16:19:54

That sounds like a reasonable hit rate, I'd give it a try. Sounds like my first day of training my2.5yo. The next day she had one accident then pretty much none after that. Good luck

MzPixielated Mon 10-Feb-14 17:14:34

do you think so? im just worried of doing it to early and her regressing or something confused

FirstLoveMama Mon 10-Feb-14 17:27:01

I think you should give it a go, it won't do her any harm she is just learning how to grow up smile
I think it's lovely how well she is doing!!

ilovepowerhoop Mon 10-Feb-14 17:29:03

ds was day trained by the age of 2 and we started around your dd's age. I kept him in pull ups until he reliably told me he needed the toilet so we didnt have many accidents at all

MzPixielated Mon 10-Feb-14 17:50:11

dd just uses pull ups as nappies so I can't really go that route unfortunately, im guessing its naked bums or pants for us. if for some reason its just beginners luck, how do I know when to call it a day?
sorry for all the questions guys ds' potty training days seem a distant memory lol

livingthegoodlife Mon 10-Feb-14 19:47:57

i'd give it a go, i agree it sounds like a good success rate. im training my 22 month old and also having quite a good success.

i spoke to my mum today and she tells me i was trained by 20 months, my siblings were later but she said that was mostly down to her not having enough time so it certainly is possible.

i have thought about giving up, but so many people have problems even when their kids are 2.5 or 3+ that i think if we are having mostly successes then why not continue??

Purplehonesty Mon 10-Feb-14 20:00:03

My dd is 19mo and goes on the potty/toilet a few times each day as she is interested in using it. She still wees and poos in her nappy tho and then tells me after so I'm waiting until the warm weather when she can run around with no nappy and will try and crack it over the course of a week. Never too early if they can tell you and are showing an interest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now