Talk

Advanced search

Have I been lazy?

(4 Posts)
WhisperingShadow Sun 09-Feb-14 17:15:35

DD 2.2 and we haven't started yet. She generally lets us know she wants a poo and does it in the toilet or potty. She also says poo just after doing a wee or while doing it.

Should we actually be training? I don't know how to do it. She is at my mums on Monday, nursery Tuesday - Thursday and then home Friday - Sunday.

How can I make it run smooth?

Spottybra Sun 09-Feb-14 19:00:10

Get I go from nursery on how they will support you. Talk to your mum. Take a week off to get started then go for it. Don't be disappointed if she doesn't get it the first time. Dd is 2.5 and this is her second attempt and she is doing brilliant.

livingthegoodlife Sun 09-Feb-14 20:10:37

i would start on a friday and stay at home until monday. brief your mum on your techniques (eg are you using rewards? bare bum/just pants etc) and warn nursery in advance. send her in with spare changes of clothes.

i telephoned my nursery the day before to warn them he was now potty training and they said they would follow my lead. they made sure there was a potty in his play room etc. i had to tell them to put a nappy on him at nap time, we are only daytime training at the mo.

good luck!

Sillylass79 Sun 09-Feb-14 20:14:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now