Talk

Advanced search

Toilet training seat

(8 Posts)
omri Sat 08-Feb-14 17:35:58

So my ds (2.5yrs) has decided he doesn't want to wear a nappy anymore and has pretty much potty trained himself in the past week! Sounds great although I'm 37 wks pg so wasn't planning on starting this til early summer when things are more settled... Anyway... He also wants to go on the loo but I think one of those training seats that go on top of the loo will help him sit more comfortably. Anyone any recommendations? I don't know where to start tbh.

Thanks!

ruby1234 Sat 08-Feb-14 17:39:24

Whatever you buy, make very sure he can't pull it over his head!

Many year ago my DS was 'managing by himself' on the loo. When I went to check, he had pulled the loo seat over his head and it was round his neck. I tried for ages to get it off, but it wouldn't go back over his ears. I couldn't get him in the car seat to go to A&E as he wouldn't fit in it. I ended up walking up and down the road (newly moved in so didn't know anybody) until I found a kind lady who helped me grease him with baby oil, hold his ears in and wiggle the loo seat off.

I did away with it after that. DS is a grown up soldier nowadays, but we still tease him when he goes to the loo!

Locketjuice Sat 08-Feb-14 17:43:09

'The first years soft grip trainer seat' its excellent smile

Fits well doesn't wriggle around and catches the pee if it goes up instead of down! (My sons does ALOT)smile

Locketjuice Sat 08-Feb-14 17:43:28

Got mine on amazon for £7 I think?

mum2jakie Sat 08-Feb-14 17:44:55

The Tippitoes seat is really cheap and is excellent. Just rests on top of the toilet seat so never gets in the way.

omri Sat 08-Feb-14 19:01:27

Thanks all will take a look. Ruby we are lol here at the thought Of your ds's misadventure!! V funny.

LoveBeingCantThinkOfAName Sun 09-Feb-14 06:26:15

Consider not having One and just get a step. It means if you have to take them anywhere else it's not a big deal. Also does he go to nursery? Ours has full sized toilets.

backinaminute Sun 09-Feb-14 06:49:36

We've hot a loo seat with a smaller seat attached, so two seats in one. It was from kiddicare. We've got ds1 who is 2 and also a1yo so figured it would be I place for a while. Ds1 is perfectly capable of taking himself and climbing on with a step (although gas now decided he wants to stand up so the fun has truly begun smile)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now