Talk

Advanced search

Is potty training different for a boy????

(10 Posts)
LoveBeingCantThinkOfAName Sat 08-Feb-14 11:20:55

For a start if he tries to wee his muscles seem to lift his aim above the edge of the potty confused is there a particular way to sit him?

We have accidentally stumped into trying and I'm so not prepared!

poocatcherchampion Sat 08-Feb-14 13:16:04

apparently you have to teach him to pish it down.

I only have done one girl so far but hopefully this gem will help and bump it up a bit for you...

BrianTheMole Sat 08-Feb-14 13:41:40

Is the pot big enough? I tried ds with dd's old pot, and had the same problem. I bought a frog pot from argos which had a lot more space at the front, much better for boys bits, and it solved the problem.

BrianTheMole Sat 08-Feb-14 13:44:24

this is it

BrianTheMole Sat 08-Feb-14 13:45:59

Although its not available. You could have ours if you can't find one new. We don't need it anymore.

LoveBeingCantThinkOfAName Sun 09-Feb-14 06:37:08

We're using dd old Summer Infant all in one ATM (link won't work). It's pink but it's fine. Just wasn't sure if I'd missed something and maybe boys ones were different confused

Thanks brian, I'll try encouraging him to aim, although not sure how much erring will take place then as he giggles eveytime.

Hadn't though about standing up, when would that be introduced if he's potty trained sat down?

SwayingBranches Sun 09-Feb-14 06:39:55

There are boy's potties with higher fronts!

SwayingBranches Sun 09-Feb-14 06:43:26

We introduced weeing standing up when ds moved to the loo, there are also things to hang on your loo for them to wee in if you want!

I must say though, with ds2 I'm tempted to just have him wee sat down on the loo given all the cleaning up over the years hmm

BikeRunSki Sun 09-Feb-14 06:47:52

A lot of potties have a higher panel at one end. This is the front for boys. And you need to get him to point his willy down.

Mumof3xx Sun 09-Feb-14 07:07:35

I have toilet trained two boys

Yes to a potty with a higher front
Yes to pushing willy down

Ime they take a bit longer than girls to get it too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now