Talk

Advanced search

Pants AND pull-ups AND nappies???

(9 Posts)
rumtumtugger Tue 28-May-13 16:56:51

Day 1 of potty training 2.4 yo dd, and it seems to be going well - she's very verbally confident and has been telling us for a while when she needs to go for a wee or a poo. No accidents so far...! smile
I put her in a pull up that we had lying around for her nap, and then took it off as she's wearing pants when she's awake. I plan on putting her in a nappy at night.
Is this overkill? Do I really need all 3 pant variants or will a smaller combination do the job better?
I would be happy to buy cloth pull-ups, anyone suggest a brand?

Twinklestarstwinklestars Tue 28-May-13 16:58:28

I would just use nappies for sleeps, pull ups are only meant as a last resort for accidents I think and wouldn't hold much more than a wee if she slept a while.

KatoPotato Tue 28-May-13 17:02:30

You can get night time pull ups, that last the night, Pampers easy ups are suitable for night times,

catkind Tue 28-May-13 17:21:29

I'd just use a nappy for naps until she's regularly dry through them. That said we do use pretty much every nappy possibility with dd depending on our/her mood and where we're going! I use cloth pullups if we're going somewhere close to home but don't want to risk needing to clean carpets e.g. at toddler group, they catch the worst of it but still need a change of trousers generally. But DD is much smaller and EC-ing, so we're expecting accidents for a long time to come! The best cloth pullups we've found are Imse Vimse ones.

BranchingOut Tue 28-May-13 17:27:50

The cloth training pants soak up a bit but don't function like a nappy, however I like them for day. They do still have the wet feel of pants, rather than a pull up. Tots bots or imse vimse here too!

Motherease or Superundies are cloth pants that function like nappies. Babykind website is good for all this.

camiech Tue 28-May-13 17:54:39

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

rumtumtugger Tue 28-May-13 22:26:10

Ah ok, I was looking for something cloth that was suitable for naps but I guess there isn't such a thing? I have bright bots trainer pants that she wears in the day, they absorb one wee for a few seconds. I think I'll stick with nappies for naps and night time then.

BranchingOut Wed 29-May-13 07:58:59

The last two that I mentioned should do it, as they are marketed as night time pants.

rumtumtugger Wed 29-May-13 09:17:24

Great , will check them out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now