Talk

Advanced search

What might happen if I just put her in pants and hope for the best?

(3 Posts)
ellesabe Tue 28-May-13 10:40:02

Dd is 2.6yo and I'm considering just giving it a go. What's the worst that could happen? If it doesn't work we just switch back to nappies and try again in a couple of months, right?

She hates the potty but often enjoys sitting on the loo on her special seat.
She knows that she is going to have a special treat when she does a wee on the loo but has still not managed anything yet.
She hates to make a mess so I wonder if by putting her in pants this will incentivise her to not wet herself. Or am I likely to traumatise her?

She is very bright, communicates very well etc, but obviously sees no need to wee on the loo when she can just as easily do it in her nappy.

Worth a try?

flowerfairy Tue 28-May-13 13:54:57

Yes bite the bullet. Have started with Dd this week and after the first day of nothing but wee accidents in pants (did catch the poo on the potty). Thought I would be abandoning it by the end of the week, but after yesterday a couple of wee accidents and (I've abandoned the pants for these 2 days) a breakthrough she is taking herself off when she thinks she needs to go and a chocolate button and telling everyone in the house after every one in the potty she is very pleased with herself. Tomorrow we have a HV appointment so that will be a real test with clothes but hoping that I will recognise if she needs to go or she will tell me. Give it a week and if you really feel there's no progress then try again in a few months. Dreaded doing it, as DS took longer to get the idea and hated sitting on the potty.

camiech Tue 28-May-13 17:56:50

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now