Talk

Advanced search

Day 5 and only two wees in the potty...

(5 Posts)
MrsTerryPratchett Wed 22-May-13 01:08:54

Day bloody 5 and only two wees in the potty. I want to give up. Should I? I did two days of knickers but I have reverted to training pull-ups because I can't cope with any more wee puddles and it was making me obviously stressed. DD is 2.5, bright, pretty verbal, and we have a transatlantic trip in the summer and pre-school starting in September.

She was annoyed at weeing in her knickers, not so with the training pull-ups (so they don't work, then).

She is incredibly active and lively and 5 days at home is killing me.

fastyspeedyfast Wed 22-May-13 01:15:04

IME it won't work going back to nappies of any sort, pull-ups or otherwise. If you want to potty train, then the nappies come off and that's that. You just keep cleaning up the wee puddles with forced smile and say, 'Next time we use the potty, okay?' Don't stress - it's just wee. Have cleaning products and faked enthusiasm to hand.

If a few days of nappy-less training make no progress, then back to nappies for a month or two and try again.

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 22-May-13 01:22:09

How many days before the nappyless training work or doesn't work? I was doing fine, then the good weather went away and we were indoors all day today <weeps>.

omama Wed 22-May-13 21:03:24

We tried ds 2.9 a few weeks back. Went straight into pants & at the end of 5 days we'd had zero wee's in the potty so you're doing better than us!!!

I gave up & he's currently back in nappies & I'm waiting a couple of months before trying again.

I agree with pp that switching back & forth between nappies & pullups probably wont help, 2 wees gives a glimmer of hope, so just go for it with pants & if after a few more days there is no more progress I'd probably abandon & try again at a later date. Hth.x

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 23-May-13 00:46:34

I think the two wees were an accident simply that you have to wee if you spend enough time on there. They were both in the first two days as well. she's back in nappies, I don't think she's ready. Next time, knickers cold turkey, no pull ups.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now