Talk

Advanced search

I don't know when or how to do this. I have a willy to deal with :(

(21 Posts)
TheSecondComing Wed 15-May-13 15:11:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FrebbieMisaGREATshag Wed 15-May-13 15:20:27

grin I am sorry I have no advice except that I had an I am not a girl I pee stand up like daddy too.

And another one who said resolutely "I no LIKE pants I likes my nappy it warm I NO LIKES PANTS"

Don't get carpet in the bathroom.

Can you get a toilet seat thingy so he doesn't have to go in the potty maybe?

FrebbieMisaGREATshag Wed 15-May-13 15:21:20

Oh and he's only a baby yet don't stress.

cathpip Wed 15-May-13 15:29:41

Suggestions for aiming: when he needs a wee get him to aim at something, either a piece of loo roll in the bowl or if out in the garden a flower! Most boys like to hit something when they pee smile

TheSecondComing Wed 15-May-13 15:47:03

2beornot Wed 15-May-13 16:10:23

Does he see his dad (or another male) sitting down on the loo? If he sees it he might realise its nirmsl? Don't know about this weekend. If it was Warmer I'd give it a go as he'd be running round with little in anyway but in this weather?!

TheSecondComing Wed 15-May-13 16:18:16

girlywhirly Wed 15-May-13 16:47:35

Can you engage the help of a little male friend or cousin of DS, who is trained and will demonstrate? Even better if the friend is someone DS aspires to be like and will want to copy. Peer pressure can be really helpful but it must be male in this instance. Once he realises that boys sit down to poo as well as girls, that might just prompt him to try.

Wait to train intensively after your holiday, but what will he wear if not pull-ups to save all that washing?

You can get floating balls that resist being flushed for the toilet bowl, perhaps DH could demonstrate to encourage proper aiming?

MyShoofly Wed 15-May-13 16:55:01

I've heard Cheerios in the toilet work a treat....make a game out of him trying to sink them.

I empathize. I'm potty training mine at the moment too and while he will sit, he wont use the sheild at the front, wont hold it down, wont let me hold it down and wont keep his leg together = pee all over the place.

and my oh my cleaning poo out of cloth trainers is a treat isn't it shock

Hang in there OP

Mummzeeee Wed 15-May-13 23:01:39

Hi, my little man insists on standing up to go potty but his aim was terrible! I recently bought him a baby urinal from e bay which clips to the side of the loo then flips over into the toilet to empty, its the perfect height and he doesnt need to aim! he thinks its great! We haven't had an accident or miss since we've had it, although we haven't tried it yet it seems great to take out and about so he can pee like a boy anywhere, It's called tippitoes boys toilet trainer
Not sure about the poo situation though!
Good luck

K8Middleton Wed 15-May-13 23:18:40

Oh god I feel your pain. Boys and poo, boys and their willies... boys and their bloody stubbornness about toileting at all angry

Put something in the loo to aim for. A ping pong ball is good - it floats and won't flush.

Let him choose a toilet seat "for poos". Whatever he's in - mine was seduced by a padded Thomas The Tank Engine effort from Mothercare but he did slither over Peppa Pig.

A book for reading on the loo.

A piece of paper with his heart's greatest desire on it and then a number of empty spaces for a sticker and once he gets all 18 or whatever he gets his prize. Mine really, really wanted a Trunki suitcase so I printed it off the computer and stuck it on the wall with the chart on the same page.

Putting something in the cistern to turn the water blue so when he pees the water goes green.

Or you could do what I did which was hysterically shrieking "aim for the water! Look what you're doing!", being horrified every time he shat in his pants, eventually putting him in pull ups and encouraging him to do his wees in the loo, buy two different types of potties... and get nowhere.

Once I gave up and chilled the fuck out he got it. Pretty much.

K8Middleton Wed 15-May-13 23:21:34

And yes, he has to see your dp doing a shit. You don't have to get involved in that. Call it a male bonding session.

Sheshelob Wed 15-May-13 23:29:12

Shaking turds out of trouser legs!

Crying with laughter! Ours is only 18 months old. Such joy awaits!

OutragedFromLeeds Wed 15-May-13 23:40:14

I think you need to convince him that boys sit to wee and only grown ups like Daddy stand (unless you can convince DP to start sitting?).

Does he have any potty trained friends who sit? Or an older cousin?

Could you try and find some books about potty training at the library that show a boy sitting. If not could you make up some story about why boys must sit until they're older (so they don't shit on the floor?!)?

Does 'because that's the rule' work. It works quite well with my DC they accept it like gravity or day/night or why boys have willies and girls don't, it's just the rule!

You could try explaining that he will stay in a nappy until he agrees to sit down and then emphasise how big boys don't wear nappies etc.

If he absolutely will not be swayed, then you'll just have to wait until he learns the difference between a poo and a wee. I would avoid taking the nappies on and off though. I think everytime you relapse into nappies you make it harder for yourself.

K8Middleton Thu 16-May-13 00:03:42

Oh Christ. Epic auto correct fail blush

Ds dithered over Peppa Pig.

The only person who slithered any where was me. On errant turds.

Sunnysummer Thu 16-May-13 00:22:51

No good suggestions for the other bits, but when I was a nanny and helping to toilet train a little boy his mum got a ping ping ball and drew a smiley face on it with permanent marker and put that in the loo... It didn't flush down and he LOVED aiming at it.

Note - a slightly unfortunate side effect can also be the kids discovering poo-aiming, so you do need to be ready for occasional ping-pong-ball washing, or have a spare stash of balls (this is more fun than you might think, you can draw different faces on). Also, remember to remove from the loo if you have fancy guests smile

PuddingsAndPies Thu 16-May-13 00:47:32

I never LOL at things I'm reading, but the unfortunate Peppa Pig typo did make me giggle!

CouthyMow Thu 16-May-13 00:50:30

Ping pong balls in the pan for aim. Gives them something to aim at. Give up on the potty - the only one Ive managed to train on a potty was my DD. The older two DS's both went straight to toilet.

Even boys sit to shit. You need a friendly non blushing bloke to let your DS watch him poo, so that DS gets the idea that boys perch to poo.

Give him a magazine, that he can only look at if sitting on the loo.

Pampers care mats and cheap throwaway pants for your long journeys. Plus stops to 'water the plants'. grin

TheSecondComing Thu 16-May-13 10:35:34

Roomfor1more Sat 18-May-13 18:16:23

Give him another few months and he will be checking to see if his willy is there every 2 seconds.....

I'm laughing too at letting the poor kid see his Dad do a pooh. It happened here and ds told my Mum, his Daddy did a big ''stinky'' and Mummy told Daddy ''to open the window, that he had something dead in him!'' blush

sisteroutlaw Sun 26-May-13 19:40:15

This is the most apt thread for me and DS! Has made me chuckle. We have blatant refusal to sit on the potty. He's 3 in a few weeks. Yesterday he was dancing round friend's garden, bum free to the air. Cue disgusted screams. He'd stood in his own freshly dropped turd. Feelings from me were a mixture of extreme amusement and embarrassment. New turf with pungent boy poo coating the blades. All DS wanted was a cuddle to block the feeling of poo btw his toes/on leg but we just had to reassure and wipe at arm's length. Tipped me over to hysterical laughter and had to engage pelvic floor to not cause further embarrassment...

THANKS for the tip on the ping pong balls and faces. Excellent idea. We're on day 3 indoors/in gardens. Am wanting to go places but can't face a pooey pants clean-up (am pg and thought makes me <boak>).

Will get DP to show the sit down poo of a man. That'll be a pleasure for them both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now