Talk

Advanced search

terrified of weeing or pooing on potty or in nappy

(3 Posts)
BramblyHedge Mon 13-May-13 17:09:52

I started training dd about two weeks ago. It started fine until she did a humongous poo which terrified her. She wants to wear pants and doesn't want to wear a nappy. However she is now very scared of weeing or pooing regardless of whether it is in the potty, pants or nappy. She holds it in to the point of running round, crying, wanting cuddles etc. She is OK in morning at nursery though. She will hold it in but isn't distressed. I have tried the cool potty, bribery, choc buttons. She is articulate and we discuss how it all works. I would leave the whole thing for a bit but as she is scared of weeing in a nappy now I am not sure that is the answer. Any ideas?

amazingmumof6 Tue 14-May-13 03:01:22

buy a child toilet training seat and forget about the potty. try Mothercare, Tesco, anywhere online. the padded ones are nicest.
to avoid splash backs put a piece of toilet paper in before she goes.

my DS2 did one wee in a potty when he was 2 and a bit, but being a chunky lad as he stood up afterwards the potty got stuck on his bottom - cue hysterical screaming. never went near it again, I threw it away and never looked back. he started using the toilet some months later, no problems.

DS3 and DS4 went straight on the toilet, DS5 is now due to get on with it (I'm lazy with this, I don't train them until they want it, generally around the age of 3 )

hope this helps

BramblyHedge Thu 16-May-13 14:45:35

Thanks. We have a toilet seat as I have two older kids but she won't go near it either! I could leave it for a bit but as she doesn't want to wear a nappy either I wasn't sure if that was the right approach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now