Talk

Advanced search

It took a dose of Tough Love but we've finally cracked it.

(1 Post)
JuliaGulia Tue 23-Oct-12 13:34:52

I've posted on here a few times about my DD 2.8 who was just too emtional/lazy to get rid of her nappy. We'd previously tried the process 2 months ago (when DS,twin) got the hang of it straightaway but she wasn't having any of it.

I don't really know why we decided last Saturday was 'the day', probably because I was out for the morning and my husband thought we weren't being consistent enough second time round (plus he doesn't give in to the tears like I do!).

So I arrive back home, DD a little upset but in knickers and daddy giving her a cuddle. I'm quickly informed that DD is a big girl and wears knickers now.

I thought we'd be in for a rough ride so we spent the next few days at home - and would you know it - we haven't had one single accident. Poos are still a bit of a promblem as she hops around, almost turtle heading (sorry tmi - just seemed the most accurate word), a little upset then she finally concedes that it's coming out so she sits on the potty. She's not a regular pooer - 2 a week max so it's always a full load, but then within moments she's asking for her chocloate button and watching me flush it away.

I hope I'm not sounding to smug. We're on our second attempt and I've followed others plight for the last few months. I just feel like if we'd waited til she seemed ready, she would be starting school in them. I was (still am) convinved that it was an emotional issue but we just felt that we had to take the tough love approach. I know that it's a risky approach but after one failed attempt, I think she knew that she was in control. On the other side of the drama, she's fine, she loves her peppa pig knickers and constantly talks of being a big girl now.

It wont work for all (or many?) but I just wanted to let you know that it can.

Best wishes
JG

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now