Talk

Advanced search

Pull up pants?

(4 Posts)
kay1980 Sat 20-Oct-12 12:58:24

Thinking about starting to potty train my 2.7 DD (after some previous failed attempts over the last few months) and was wondering about whether to try her with pull up pants. My thinking is that she would just think she has got a nappy on so we won't really get anywhere but on the other hand it would be useful if we are going out anywhere and would minimise washing! Has anybody else used them and been successful with them?

Neverme Sat 20-Oct-12 13:03:04

Yes we used them - we used normal pants in the house and then called the pull ups 'park pants' for going to park etc. but still did the whole rigmarole of sitting on loo/potty whilst out. Takes a bit longer this way - yesterday was the first accident free day after about 4 weeks but I couldn't be doing with the whole bootcamp business. Good luck!

familyfun Sat 20-Oct-12 20:04:13

yes, when dd1 got to the stage of using the potty morning and night, i put her in pullups in the day but called them pants and told her to try and keep them dry and offered the potty regularly. she was in them about a month and by then was dry most days.
then only took 4 days to potty train in the house. dry by 21 months.

kay1980 Sat 20-Oct-12 21:04:04

Thank you for the replies I think I will give them a try

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now