Talk

Advanced search

A bit young :/

(4 Posts)
babymummy92 Sat 13-Oct-12 22:32:29

Hey ladieess...my little boy is 15 months old..i know it might be a bit young to start potty training but i am intorducing it to me just so he knows what it is...he has done a wee and poo already...do you think im wrong for doing it this early and has anyone did it earlier? All of the older people i talk to say that he is the right age but i dont know myself xx

mynameis Sat 13-Oct-12 22:38:21

Interestingly I had a pampers email this week talking about trying potty training at this age
My dd is also 15 months.
I've never tried it that early with my other dc and probably wouldn't consider it for dd this young but it can't hurt to give it go if you want to try.

I would be interested to know how it goes

babymummy92 Sat 13-Oct-12 22:44:52

Im not really taking it seriously atm just letting him see it so he gets used to it for when he does start potty training smile xx

steppemum Sat 13-Oct-12 23:23:39

I used to live in Kazahstan. There the babies don't wear nappies, and they potty train from birth. By the time they are about 9 months they can tell when they want a wee and stick them on the potty. By the time they are 1 they 'ask' (usually by grabbing them selves before they wee)

They really do. It really works. I couldn't believe it. My nappy wearing dcs never made it, but they were all out of nappies at 2.

Don't stress it though. It really doesn't amtter if they are 1 or 3, as long as thye get it beofre they go to school!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now