Talk

Advanced search

Why the competition??

(5 Posts)
Littleraysofsunshine Fri 12-Oct-12 08:10:58

Just recently I've been getting "oh is she still in nappies?", "my two were dry in the day at 18m, and just over two in the night"....

My thoughts.. I have a dd who is nearly two. And a dd who is 5months. I started giving potty training a go a few months back and dd got the jist quickly, then she got hit with a bug which made her poo's funny hence impossible to catch, and then in the last two months she's had literally four molars come through causing the same thing, along with sensitive temperament, when she is usually far from this.

She's also had a lot to deal with having her daddy be away since December, cope with having me all to herself then a new sister now daddy home. All in a year. Not an excuse but all these factors matter.

I started to stress out when we was doing it too as she would end up pooing in her leggings when I was feeding dd! Then I thought. I can't stress as its jot her fault but I'm not rushing now because of silly pressure.

Don't get me wrong I want to give it another (slow) go now she's turnin two. As some days se does show signs. Worth a try but no hurry. And cheaper when no nappies for her! Lol but most days she's still use to her nappy. I put her on the toilet every morning an she does a wee. Then we get ready for playgroups (in a nappy) when we're home she usually is nappy free or pull up and I have to ask her if she needs one.

She stopped telling me just after she or unwell those months ago... And never started again.

What can I try as a slow approach which is friendly as i also have dd2? Just sart nappy free all the time at home (not night)

I'm doing his on our terms. No one else's. every child has different needs and circumstances. And this particular person had a much bigger age gap than I have.

Rant over lol

MeFour Fri 12-Oct-12 08:13:47

Stop making for excuses for yourself
Next time someone says something similar, ask what you asked us
'Sorry I didn't realise it was a competition'

Littleraysofsunshine Fri 12-Oct-12 13:25:49

Excuses for myself??

MeFour Fri 12-Oct-12 14:29:56

As in no there is no competition.you don't need to justify why you choose to do things they way you have smile

Littleraysofsunshine Fri 12-Oct-12 20:51:21

Oh okay smile sorry I read it wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now