Talk

Advanced search

Day 1 of potty training and ready to give up, help!

(4 Posts)
PinkMilkIsMyFavouriteAndMyBest Thu 04-Oct-12 12:54:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

umboo Fri 05-Oct-12 06:44:04

I'm no expert but personally I wouldn't go cold turkey just before a new baby, or youmay face a regression. I put off ds for that reason and we've just started at 2.5 (dd is now 16wo). I would carry on with part time training though, which I what I did for ages, so your dd gets used to the whole concept. If you want to carry on though, I would put her in training pants rather than normal pants or pull ups, we told ds they were just different big boys pants which seemed to work in the two trips we had out so far smile

PinkMilkIsMyFavouriteAndMyBest Fri 05-Oct-12 08:17:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

umboo Fri 05-Oct-12 16:20:47

Hi there ds is now on day 5 and we're not accident free but he's really got the hang of it. I talked to him about it and said 'were going cold turkey' and what that meant(after one of his accidents he said to me 'we need a cold turkey' grin) I also let him choose his big boy pants. I've sat him on the toilet since he was 8mo but the odd wee and poo here and there never lead to anything more- but what it did do is mean he always understood what a toilet is for and he wasn't scared to sit in the loo.

I got advice on here to take him to the loo before I got busy with baby eg just before a feed. Also I keep a change mat in the loo so I can put her there while taking ds to the loo.

Training pants are designed to hold an accident but are more like pants than nappies, you wash them and reuse. But I'm trying to find an absorbent one, bc they don't hold a full wee accident just a leak. I've managed to adapt one of ours so I could insert a cloth booster pad which may be my only option now as few people sell absorbent training pants!

All the best with it all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now