Talk

Advanced search

Always starts his wee's in his pants

(3 Posts)
choc27 Wed 03-Oct-12 20:19:59

My Ds is 2 next week. He has been potty trained at home when naked since 18 months. Since then we have periodically tried him in pants but he always just wet himself, so we kept waiting. 2 weeks ago we tried pants again and he now takes them down to sit on the potty! I was so happy we had made some progress. 2 weeks on and he is always starting his wee's in his pants. He stops the wee straight away and then says'wee wee' and goes on the potty to finish the rest. He needs clean pants though as they are wet. I am still happy with his progress but was just wondering if this is a normal stage? How long does it last, and should I be doing anything about it or will he just stop doing it as he gets used to things?
Also we haven't been out in pants yet. Do I need to wait til he stops starting the wee in his pants or should I not let it hold us back?

frazzledbutcalm Wed 03-Oct-12 21:36:49

He's not ready yet, put him back in nappies and try in a couple of months.

neolara Wed 03-Oct-12 21:39:32

I'm afraid my ds did this until he was nearly 4 1/2. It seems to be a not-uncommon boy thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now