Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had success with the potty training for girls book & training sessions?

(5 Posts)
lizardqueenie Sat 29-Sep-12 08:56:45

My dd is 23 months ad can tell me when he needs a poo, sometimes when he needs a wee, likes sitting on her potty when she can back herself onto it & get over the little splash guard. No wees on it as yet but thinking of heading out today to buy knickers, another potty and wine.

Was all geared up for potentially having 3 or 4 days in the house as I could start tomorrow when Dh is off to give an extra pair of hands & then was re-reading through the potty training for girls book which talks about sessions. This would obviously make it easier & less boring for me but would this confuse dd to put her back in a nappy after the session of an hour so was up? oh & if u see a mad woman trying to buy supplies in bluewater this morning that's me!

BettyandDon Sat 29-Sep-12 09:09:33

Never heard of the book but we spent 3-4 days indoors with no nappies and she's not had an accident since day 3. Fully trained on wee wees now and it's been nearly a month. She has just turned 2.

We also trained a teddy at the same time.

BettyandDon Sat 29-Sep-12 09:11:38

I would add that we did go out twice a day just to keep sane but after she did a wee and not for more than 1 hour and to a place I knew there were toilets!

lizardqueenie Sat 29-Sep-12 09:16:58

Thanks Betty thats good to know.
I could just take a trip to my mums or to the park I guess.

And I am very impressed with your teddy training.

jaggythistle Mon 01-Oct-12 07:37:30

i used the one for boys, because i had a new baby and would have needed a lot of wine for full on potty training.

we started with short nappy off sessions when getting ready for bed and then when DH was in and DS2 a bit bigger, we gradually went to pants all day.

It's sort of going well, DS1 is just too busy to ever stop for the toilet, even though he can hold it for a while...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now