Talk

Advanced search

Just started potty training, now holding in wee. Normal?

(3 Posts)
AGoldenOrange Tue 25-Sep-12 12:30:18

Started potty training 18 month old this morning. Have managed 1 wee in potty and 3 on floor.

I think she is holding it in as the wees that she did were just dribbles. I have put her in a nappy for her nap and it was full within minutes, but she was looking at the floor looking for the puddle.

Should I just carry on what I'm doing or am I missing something?

bluefootedpenguin Tue 25-Sep-12 21:04:48

Hi, wow pt at 18 months is good going! I know a couple of people who managed it this early but it was very much led by their dcs. In my own experience dd was in total control and wouldn't do it because I wanted her to so I left it.2 weeks later she said she didn't want to wear a nappy anymore and that was it! You could give it a couple of days if you are really keen and give up if no improvement. My dd did the same thing on my first attempt, refused to wee til she couldn't wait anymore, usually on the floor. Good luck whatever you decide!smile

AGoldenOrange Tue 25-Sep-12 21:25:59

Thanks for answering grin

Only started PT because she gets really bad nappy rash and I can tell when she needs to wee or poo so thought it might be worth giving it ago.

Think I might give it a few more days before I put her back into nappies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now