Talk

Advanced search

Washable potty training pants/nappies

(5 Posts)
ValiumQueen Sun 05-Aug-12 11:50:33

Hello, just wondering if anyone has experience of using washables in the potty training phase. Nursery wants DD to use pull-ups, and it could work out very expensive, so I would prefer to use washables if possible.

I am particularly interested if anyone has used the flip training pants, or Tots Bots training pants.

Many thanks.

3duracellbunnies Sun 05-Aug-12 21:50:54

We use mothercare ones at night. On their own they are c* but if you put normal pants on and then those on top they contain much of it. Am considering getting bright bots, as heard they are quite good. I wouldn't usually bother, and as he is my last is a bit of a waste, but he's still not totally reliable at night and we are going camping for 3 weeks, but don't want to go back to disposibles.

Hoping someone will come on with some answers. Bump!!

ValiumQueen Mon 06-Aug-12 08:36:42

Thank youduracell I have heard the bright bots come up quite small..

JQAF Tue 04-Sep-12 12:39:36

I bought 2 flip training pants for my little one when he started potty training a month ago. It's great in that you can open it from the sides which comes in handy when he's done a messy one but it does leak when he does a big wee. When we travel, I put him in one with a disposable insert which you can buy separately and doesn't cost much. It holds a bit more in so it's not a major rush to the toilet. In this way, he's not confused as we're not switching between pull ups and flip pants.

Hope this helps.

ValiumQueen Sun 14-Oct-12 21:28:45

Thank you JQ sorry only just seen your reply.

I have now decided to make my own trainer pants. I have some old PUL wraps and will use that with microfibre (possibly) and fleece (maybe) sewn into some old Peppa pig pants of her sisters. Worth a try I figure. If they do not work, I will try the flips as I do like the look of them. The disposable inserts are a good idea too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now