Talk

Advanced search

DD is nearly 3, dry at night- but still in nappies. Help.

(4 Posts)
TethHearseEnd Fri 21-Oct-11 23:51:41

She has never weed or pooed on the potty or in the toilet.

I have kept her nappy off all day today (this is about the fourth attempt). she had four accidents, all of which distressed her. The last one considerably so. She was crying and saying 'I don't like it when I wee' sad

She does not seem to have any warning/recognise when she needs to wee. I sat her on the toilet and potty at regular intervals during the day, but nothing happened.

What should I do next? Keep going or stop and try again in a while?

TethHearseEnd Sat 22-Oct-11 08:36:15

Morning bump

Gigondas Sat 22-Oct-11 08:42:43

I would leave it and try again in a couple of months - maybe trying to encourage her with bribes to use potty or toilet . Some kids just take longer to learn (dss who never knew when he needed to go til he was about 6 ).

I am assuming no medical issue abut why she holds on- its just that not keen or bothered (dd can forget about needing to o when playing so have more periodic accidents in day than at night)

TethHearseEnd Sat 22-Oct-11 16:46:26

Thank you Gigondas- have taken your advice.

She doesn't seem to be wilfully holding on; just not recognising when she needs to go. I could be wrong though.

Will try again in a couple of months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now