Talk

Advanced search

Help getting frastrated

(4 Posts)
Shaz2011 Tue 11-Oct-11 20:31:39

I have a 2 yo boy who will use the potty without wearing a pull up or pants on but as soon as I put pants on him he will not use the potty someone please help

bumbums Tue 11-Oct-11 20:45:29

I totally underatand your frustration. My DS was very tricky to get reliably clean and dry. I started with him when he was nearly 3 and it took him 9 fecking months to get it!
Your DS is still very young, especially for a boy being potty trained. I would keep the bare bottom at home, as it is working and he's doing it. But use pull ups when out. Then keep the toilet chat going while your out and plan with him when you'll go, i.e. when we get to play group, before we play, we'll go to the toilet. Or, We're leaving 'Charlie's' house in 5 minutes and before we go home we'll try on the toilet.
Hopefully he'll learn to be aware of his toilet needs while out and start to keep pull up dry. Explain to him, no more wee wees in the nappy, just in the toilet.

Try not to be too pushy or upset about it. He will learn.
Hope this makes some kind of sense.
Others will say put him in pants all the time and wait for it to 'click'. But there's really no right way to toilet train. I would keep stress low for both of you as he is so little.

Shaz2011 Tue 11-Oct-11 21:07:59

Ok thanks very much the thing is he has started to ask for his pants to wear & not his pull up so do I give him what he wants or put him in pull up anyway the thing i don't want to set him back as he is doing well for his age

bumbums Wed 12-Oct-11 21:39:33

Only you know him and whats best. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now