Talk

Advanced search

My 21 month old dd has been getting a few poos on the potty but no wee's, how do I know when to brave it and put her in pants?

(4 Posts)
lolalotta Mon 10-Oct-11 20:50:03

I'm clueless about how all this works, how do I know when she is ready to give potty training a go???

clitorisorclitoraint Mon 10-Oct-11 21:03:18

Me too, although I've yet to try my 20mo DD on the potty for real. In the past two weeks she has begun to tell me when she has done a poo, so is now becoming aware, but I'm not sure where we go from here. She does sit on the potty and puts her teddies and dollies on it and tells me they are doing poos and wees.

I'm trying to avoid getting unnecessarily stressed about it tbh, but any advice would be much appreciated!

ThePetiteMummy Mon 10-Oct-11 23:07:32

Watching with interest, just started sitting dd, 18 and a half months, on the potty before bath (not done anything in it yet!). She's started going long stretches without weeing in her nappy, so thinking about starting training soon. Not sure if it's too soon though. No rush, but will encourage her if she shows an interest. The other day after her bath, she squatted a couple of times, then squatted & weed, so I think she was trying to tell me. She also laid out a clean nappy the other day, then squatted & pooed on her nappy.

I have no clue where to start either! We use cloth nappies, so I've ordered some cloth training pants, which apparently allow them to feel the wet.

Babieseverywhere Wed 12-Oct-11 12:32:15

Do it now if you want. Try offering nappy free time until they are clean and or dry consistently and then try pants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now