Talk

Advanced search

4.4yo weeing in knickers almost daily

(5 Posts)
Bumperlicioso Mon 10-Oct-11 19:12:27

dd1 was a late potty trainer, just over 3 when she started. After the initial period she didn't seem to have too many accidents, maybe once a week or fortnight at nursery. But for the last 4 months or so the accidents have been becoming more regular, sometimes twice a day, even at school now she is full time.

I can't get from her what the problem is, but if I had to make a guess I'd say busyness or laziness. We have tried not making a big deal, getting a bit cross, a sticker chart (gave that up after it made her lie about it). She very often doesn't tell us till much later, if at all.

It's only wee not poo. I really have no idea how to handle it, suffice to say I'm not doing it very well! It's making me quite cross and creating more laundry for us. she's not even close to being dry at night. Not sure what to do.

whomovedmychocolate Mon 10-Oct-11 19:28:08

DD is the same and she's 4.11 so I feel your pain! We have found the less fuss we make the less it happens but basically DD is just doing something and forgets to go or she thinks she can wait a couple of minutes and of course she can't.

It is slowly getting better though. So fingers crossed your DD will be the same.

Bumperlicioso Mon 10-Oct-11 19:46:11

Thanks wmmc. I think sometimes a bit like your dd she leaves it to the last minute, then once she has decided to go to the toilet she can't hold it. The amount of times we have been in a shop and she has announced that she needs to go to the toilet RIGHT NOW!

mumwith2ds Tue 11-Oct-11 15:19:38

my daughter went threw that phase we just kept reminding her to go to the toilet and she got used to it over time. we also found that waking her up at 11:00 to empty her bladder helped keep her dry threw the night

dikkertjedap Sat 15-Oct-11 23:41:38

I think you have to agree a strategy with school - I would suggest hourly reminders combined with a reward chart.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now