Talk

Advanced search

should I put her back in nappies?

(2 Posts)
TallishMum Thu 06-Oct-11 15:33:48

My 2.5 year old was pretty well potty trained for 4 months before arrival of new baby. But for last 6 weeks she has been wee-ing everywhere, everyday, all the time. Should I put her back in nappies (which she hates) or just endure it? Anyone been in similar situation? Thanks!

Sleepwhenidie Sun 09-Oct-11 14:48:42

Both DS1 and DD went through a regression phase after being (we thought) all sorted with potty training. Definitely put her back in pull ups but make no fuss about it, she must believe that it really doesn't matter to you whether she wears pants and uses the loo, or wears pull ups.

Give her a few days with no comment about it at all, then offer her a choice of pants or pull ups, again with no encouragement either way, just a "do you want to wear pants and use the loo for wees today, or pull ups?" you may have to hang in for a week or two but she will pretty quickly choose the pants and be dry if my experience is anything to go by.

Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now