Talk

Advanced search

Wetting the floor when sitting on the toilet

(7 Posts)
ZonkedOut Sat 24-Sep-11 21:53:59

DD1 is 2.4 and although I haven't started potty training properly with her yet, she does like sitting on the toilet. She takes off her nappy and climbs up, if the training seat wasn't there, she would sit on the toilet seat, but won't use a potty. She has done wees on the toilet like this.

However, when she has, the stream has gone somewhat upwards, over the raised lip of the training seat and onto her foot and the floor.

I don't know if this is at all common, but I have no idea how to help her get her "aim" right, it's not like with a boy who has something to point. I don't think I could do it myself if I tried!

Does anyone have any experience with this and any suggestions?

Cyrli Sat 24-Sep-11 22:01:22

We've had this a few times with DD, she's older and potty trained. What I now tell her is to move back a little on the seat and lean forward. ("Bum back, tummy forward"). Good luck with the training!

brachy Sun 25-Sep-11 21:38:29

We had a MAM potty seat for DD, it had a much higher lip at the front than other seats we'd found. DS hates its so he has a different one!

ZonkedOut Mon 26-Sep-11 04:48:35

Cyrli, I will try that, thanks.

Brachy, thanks for the tip but I can't find the MAM one at all, even on the MAM website. Maybe they've stopped making it?

We use the Hippies one, it has a fairly high lip, but the stream manages to go to one side and over, if you see what I mean.

It's quite impressive really. DD2 managed to pee up the wall from her changing table when a week old, maybe she has it too...

ZonkedOut Mon 26-Sep-11 04:50:24

I don't know how my phone changed Tippitoes into Hippies, but I meant Tippitoes...

MrsVidic Mon 26-Sep-11 05:06:51

Our dd used to do thus if she puts her knees together it's avoided

nooka Mon 26-Sep-11 06:04:03

My dd used to do this too, although she managed to angle her aim to go in the gap between the loo and the seat (I'd guess she was a bit older, we didn't have a potty seat). Boys always get bad press for missing the loo, but dd made way more mess than ds. I can't remember what I did or said (she's 11 now, so a long time ago!), but it stopped fairly quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now