Talk

Advanced search

ugh week 4 poo help

(2 Posts)
GirlWithTheMouseyHair Tue 20-Sep-11 12:03:47

2.10yr old is on week 4 of potty training - weeing is a cinch, he now takes himself to the toilet/potty/whatever is available whenever he knows he's about to go and even sometimes forgets to collect his chocolate button reward.

Poos are a whole different ball game. He just shits in his pants and waits until I've realised he's done it - no warning, no "Mummy I've done a poo", he hasn't done a poo ANYWHERE but in pants or nappies. He also does his poos anytime of day, nor regular bowell movements here, and can do up to 3 a day.

I've not really read any books etc, just took away nappies apart from nap and bedtime. Any ideas of how to convince him to do poos in the same place as wees?!

Nevercan Tue 20-Sep-11 14:57:18

My dd1 has been potty training for two weeks and weed fine in the potty. She always pooed in her pants and then told me. In last two days she seems to have realised she needs to sit and wait for it to come as opposed to wees that are super quick. I also look out for that tell tale sign of smelly farts which in our case is the sign a poo is imminent so I sit her on the potty and tell her to wait and see. She managed to do one successfully on her potty in the middle of the park today but heh that is better than her pants grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now