Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

poo!!!!!!!!!!!!

(5 Posts)
tippydec Mon 19-Sep-11 20:11:12

my 3 year old boy has been dry for a few months but he will NOT poo in the toilet, any hints and tips!!!!!

OatcakeCravings Tue 20-Sep-11 12:32:15

I had the same problem with mine. The only thing that worked in the end was bribery. I went to Asda and bought 7 toys - good ones around teh £5 mark each and put them in the bathroom window. I told him that he could choose one after every poop he did in the toilet. After scrutinising the toys for some time he seemed to think it was a good idea and spent most of the first day trying to squeeze one out! But that was it really, he was trained from the minute the toys went on the window sill!

Might not work for your son, but with mine it was just lazyness that was stopping him going IMO.

cheeseycharlie Fri 23-Sep-11 15:13:21

I have logged on for advice on a similar problem, Oatcake I'll be trying that trick we have a perfectly positioned window ledge for bribery!

TheyCallMeKipper Fri 23-Sep-11 15:25:14

I have a PDF of Mr Poo goes to Poo-land! It's a 'book' written by a psychology (I think) student doing a project trying to get children to poo in the toilet, and is a story about Mr Poo. It worked really well for my neighbour's ds, but the link they had stopped working and so I asked on here and a kind MNetter sent it to me.

I'd be more than happy to email it you, if you PM me your email address.

wearymum200 Tue 27-Sep-11 21:22:34

Bribery worked here too.A smartie for DD2 every time she pooed in toilet or potty. No poo in knickers within 48h. She still gets a smartie if she remembers that she can have one (and she often does and can push out 3-5 poos a day; would have been expensive if toy bribery used...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now