Talk

Advanced search

when to try for a dry night?

(4 Posts)
Whenisitmysleepytime Sun 18-Sep-11 09:12:27

ds has been potty training since mid august as is pretty good. he still needs help with pants up/ down and wiping etc but as he's not quite 2.5yo that's fine.

is he ready to try no nappies at night?
he has had dry night time nappies for several weeks now, and if he needs a wee in the night he will shout for me and can hang on till i get there. only down side is once he needs a wee at 6 he won't go back to sleep hmm

2.5 seems pretty early to be dry at night as i thought it took much longer but i honestly can't remember the last time he woke up with a wet nappy.

any advice?

mumeeee Sun 18-Sep-11 21:12:20

If he's had dry night nappies for several weeks then yes I would leave them off. Some children are dry at night very quickly after being dry in the day others are nor ready for a long time.

Whenisitmysleepytime Mon 19-Sep-11 08:28:15

cheers mumeeee, think we'll leave it till we've had our holiday next week then have a go. smile

Curlybrunette Wed 21-Sep-11 20:44:17

My ds1 was the same, he went into pants just after he was 2 and was dry at night immediately. It seemed a huge step for me to not put him in a nappy at night but he was obviously ready it was me that wasn't! We also had the same problem with the early wake ups, once he was (and still now) was awake he's awake.

Now ds2 is nearly 4, dry during the day but I'm about to post about getting him dry at night!

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now