Talk

Advanced search

Help - poo everywhere abd worried iving her a complex

(4 Posts)
scarlyv Mon 12-Sep-11 16:26:12

my dd is nearly 3 and is v switched on. However, I cannot get her to poo on the potty/toilet. This has been going on for months. She poos in her pants, on the carpet in the garden anywhere but the potty or loo. she has managed it twice and areally big fuss has been made. Tried reward charts, stickers, chocolate, clapping, ignoring when she does it in her pants, telling her off. I am at breaking point. She is obsessed with poo though, talks about it, plays potties and toilets with her dolls, identifies different animals poo on walks. The worse thing is when I hear here telling her dolls off for going in their pants. I feel terrible and am v concerned I am giving her a complex. But I just don't know what to do - it is becoming an obsession!

stripedcat Mon 12-Sep-11 21:47:10

Can completely understand - don't have any solutions.... would love to hear others views who have been through this. My DC is 3 years 5 months, we have been potty training since February - and unless I "catch him" the poo is in the pants! We nearly had a horrible incident at the swimming pool on Sunday!!!

You are not alone!

scarlyv Mon 12-Sep-11 22:53:14

Pleased to know not alone. Am definately at my wits end. Was thinking about putting her back in nappies and not talking about it. But she always gets you into a conversation!

Happygomummy Mon 12-Sep-11 23:01:07

I would just stop with potty training, put nappies on (don't make a fuss) and try again in a month. They do it when THEY'RE ready (ie ignore anyone who says they should be trained by now)

My DS2 is 2.2 and clearly nowhere near being ready. He is aware of wee's and poo's and often runs to toilet shouting "wee's coming!" but when I ask if he wants to use the loo he looks at me with an "are you crazy?" look and runs off shouting no. Ie just cos they are aware of what it's all about, doesn't mean they're ready.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now