Talk

Advanced search

21 month old!

(3 Posts)
pinkprincess22 Fri 09-Sep-11 08:56:47

Ever since 16 months old DD has been showing signs of wanting to be potty trained. She is now 21 months.

She tells me when she has done a poo, pulls on her nappy a lot, will tell me it is full of wee-wee etc. She sometimes hands me a clean nappy lol. She will sit on the toilet with her trainer seat but not do anything. She knows the toilet is for wee-wee, and I let her come with me to the toilet so she knows what it's all about. If I go to the bathroom she will say "mummy do wee wee" or if it's DH, "daddy do wee wee".

She has a potty and will sit on it, but she won't wee in it. She literally gets off it and wees on the floor. We tried putting her in knickers but when they got wet she was very distressed. She won't wee on the toilet either.

I'm not trying to train her for night time as she sleeps 12-13 hrs so I don't think she could hold it!

Is she still a bit young?

fidelma Fri 09-Sep-11 22:30:16

No go for it.sounds like the perfect time.

In my experience (all my dc were aged about 21 months -2.2 years) it takes a little longer and you have to keep taking/asking them.good luck.

anniemac Wed 12-Oct-11 15:47:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now