Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed - at the end of my tether!!

(4 Posts)
kele79 Fri 02-Sep-11 17:30:42

My daughter is 3 1/2 and we started potty training in January. It started well,but she has never reached the stage of telling us that she wants to go to the toilet she would just take herself. She has now completely regressed and is wetting and soiling herself regularly. When we ask about it she just says sorry and thinks nothing more of it.

I know that she can be dry as she has had periods of control for a couple of months and she is dry at night. In fact she woke me at 3am this morning because she needed a wee, however today while playing she just wet herself.

I regularly take her to the toilet, but she won't always go and sometimes when I ask if needs to go she will say no and then a few moments later she will either wet or soil herself.

We have started with the stickers again. I am getting really frustrated and worrying that we are doing something wrong.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do, she starts pre school next week.

Groveregg Fri 02-Sep-11 18:01:07

I am in the same boat, kind of, my dd is 4 and starts school next week. Earlier on this week I freaked out about it and started a thread that really helped me refocus a bit. Here it is.
I find it really helpful to talk to my health visitor but it depends on how good yours is. You have my sympathy, it's a horrible situation to be in.

kele79 Fri 02-Sep-11 18:44:04

Thanks Groveregg, that was really helpful to read through. I definitely need to calm down about as I can feel myself getting so stressed and upset about it!

An0therName Fri 02-Sep-11 21:07:27

the starting pre-school might be part of it - an upcoming change can cause regression. Pre-school will be used to these kind of issues and you may find she is better at school

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now