Talk

Advanced search

How late can you leave potty training?

(5 Posts)
NoseyNooNoo Thu 25-Aug-11 14:36:03

My 3 year old shows no interest in potty training. He won't sit on the potty when asked, he never ever asks himself and we're having 7 accidents a day.

He starts nursery in less that 2 weeks. If he wasn't I'd go back to nappies. What do I do?

tortilla Thu 25-Aug-11 14:38:23

How long have you been trying to potty train him? Have you gone completely cold turkey on nappies?

soymama Thu 25-Aug-11 14:39:57

I am going to watch this, as I have the exact same problem!

Teleaddict Thu 25-Aug-11 14:44:45

Have you tried a star chart? It worked a treat to motivate my dd to use the potty. Although, and you prob don't want to hear this - I think the main reason for our success has been waiting until she decided herself to stop wearing nap pies. Does he have to be out of nap pies before starting nursery?

NoseyNooNoo Thu 25-Aug-11 16:03:28

We started end of April with some initial success but he went through a defiant stage and had 7 accidents in one day so i decided I'd had enough. We had a break for about 5 weeks and yesterday we started again. 7 accidents yesterday and 1 poo on the potty. Today we've had 1 wee on potty and 4 accidents.

I printed off a reward chart earlier and he is rewarded for just sitting on the potty. He has shown no interest and has not had a reward yet.

He is wearing pants or nothing and nursery will require him to ear pull-ups which is a backwards step - grrrr!

Is his tardiness normal - I know some 3 year olds are like this but I'm wondering what the 'norm' is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now