Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have a Baby Bjorn toilet trainer seat??

(9 Posts)
happypotter Wed 17-Aug-11 14:17:12

This sounds a bit odd but can anyone tell me the dimensions of the 'hole' in the middle of the toilet seat?
We are in the middle of toilet training at the moment, all going ok on the potty (both wee and poo) until DS decided he wanted to use the toilet. All well and good so bought him a seat to go on the toilet. The only trouble is that he can only wee using it, as when he tried to poo it went all over the seat, not down the hole.
He is 3 in a couple of weeks and I don't think he particularly big so can't understand why he can't do both!!
He just falls down the toilet if he doesn't have a seat and he doesn't like me holding him, which I don't really want to do anyway. I looked on Amazon and the Baby Bjorn seat gets really good reviews so I'm hoping the 'hole' is biiger than what I have already.

Any measurements/tips greatly appreciated!

MayDayChild Wed 17-Aug-11 21:12:11

Weve got a clever seat from B&Q with a child seat inside lid which they just pull down. Fabulous. No clutter on floor. Cost about £35 and just replace with existing seat.
Began with a B ??? White. Nice easy.

happypotter Thu 18-Aug-11 01:58:06

Thank you, we are expats in NY so unfortunately can't make my way to B&Q anymore! I've seen that style of seat though and really like them. The ones they sell here though have the same size middle hole as the padded seat I already have. Maybe our ds just has a big backside!!! Thanks anyway.

uppityduppity Thu 18-Aug-11 02:13:04

How weird I live in NYC and I just bought one of the babybjorn seats and it was delivered this evening (diaper.com)! I'll measure it for you...

It's 45cm across at it's widest and 70 cm long.

I stupidly ditched all the potties and seats (that my first child used) before moving here, so had to buy a new potty. Personally my first child's favourite was the Ikea one. It looked like the one in the I Want My Potty book which he loved (and-- I hated)--

happypotter Thu 18-Aug-11 12:39:10

uppity - 70cm long????? Wow, that's longer than our toilet!! Thanks for measuring. Any chance you could let me know the 'inner hole' measurements, if that makes sense. Like the missing ring of a donut :-))
Whereabouts are you in NYC?? After three months in Manhattan last Spring, we moved across to Long Island.

uppityduppity Thu 18-Aug-11 16:54:11

oops!blush
4.5 inches and 7 inches

We are in Brooklyn, Park Slope. Have only been here about 6 months, so far so good. Just trying to figure out schools for next year and whether we need to move again.

How is the commute from Long Island?

happypotter Thu 18-Aug-11 19:45:29

Hahahaha, that sounds more like it, I wondered if you just had some massive toilet or something!!! I think I'll order one then. Saying that, we were out this morning at a friend's house and ds wanted to sit on the adult seat for a poo with me holding him. That was a first!!
I heard good things about Park Slope but I've never been. My husband gets the LIRR into Penn each day. He has a choice of two stations - the 'quick' train takes 35 mins and the slower one nearer 45 I think. He usually gets the slower one which is emptier and starts work on the train. Did you move straight to Brooklyn from the UK? How are you finding it?

uppityduppity Thu 18-Aug-11 21:15:00

I know, the toilet would have been huge!! ha ha

Personally I would try and encourage him to use the big toilet it will make life generally easier. I used to hate cleaning out the potty and quite a few friends just skipped the trainer seat and went to the big toilet. We used have to stand with DS for ages whilst he sat on the trainer seat, in the end we gave him an early learning centre toy catalogue and left him to it.

We've lived in quite a few overseas places before here, so we are fairly used to moving around. We are trying to suss out if we want to move further out or not. We have a bit of a balance here, but ideally we'd like to be our own house but are afraid of the log commute if we decide to move further out. It's a difficult one. We were told that the commute from Long Island was awful, but that was from a bunch of people that think Brooklyn is a long way too ... I guess it is what you know.

happypotter Thu 18-Aug-11 21:21:26

Indeed. I don't think the commute is too bad at all but obviously problems kick in when the LIRR systems stops for some reason, last winter some time my DH was stranded due to a storm affecting Jamaica station. We've also had some very long journeys on a Sunday evening back onto Long Island. Other than that, we have access to our community pool and can be on Jones beach within 15 minutes :-))
Thanks for your measuring assistance!!!!! This potty training thing is much harder than I thought it would be!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now