Talk

Advanced search

A year on still lots of accidents, what to do

(6 Posts)
katiepotatie Tue 16-Aug-11 21:24:47

My 4 year old is still having many many accidents a day, she knows when she needs but can't bring herself to stop whats she's doing to go, tried everything rewards, no rewards. Any ideas??? Oh and has no accidents if I don't put pants on her. Back to nursery on Thursday really worried, she will have to wear pants shock

banana87 Tue 16-Aug-11 21:32:38

I will probably be flamed for this BUT....after determining that DD HAS bladder control, and only has accidents when she can't be bothered to go to the toilet, usually because she is playing, she goes on the naughty step. She knows this now and if it is truly an accident, i.e. doesn't get to the toilet in time when we do not punish (or reward). Not for everyone, and probably breaks all toilet training rules but it works for us!

katiepotatie Tue 16-Aug-11 21:38:55

Thanks,I think i'm going to have to try this, and goes against everything everyone tells me. But have really no other option. Rewarding for staying dry isn't working sad

banana87 Tue 16-Aug-11 21:57:14

I think sometimes you have to ignore the books and friends and go with your Mummy instincts...

katiepotatie Fri 19-Aug-11 12:42:17

was worried this was too harsh...but she has been dry since grin only 2 days but it's a start

soniaweir Tue 06-Sep-11 16:57:38

would love to know if this has worked - i am having the same problem and it's doing my head in. Mainly poos, he wont stop playing and just does them. i am at the end of my tether esp when i hear about other mums boasting how quick they have potty trained their little ones. i've been doing this been may and have been cleaning up poo practically every day since then! HELP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now