Talk

Advanced search

A potty for out and about?

(7 Posts)
Whenisitmysleepytime Fri 12-Aug-11 21:04:26

any suggestions or recommendations?

After taking the home potty to the pub and having to deal with a sudden wee and then walk out of pub with a full potty I need a better solution! blush

Help save my blushes!

girlywhirly Sun 14-Aug-11 06:35:00

Why couldn't you empty the potty in the pub loos? Are they innaccessible with a toddler i.e up or down flight of stairs, and you couldn't carry child and potty safely?

The folding Potette plus looks good, with the disposable bags. Or you could line the current potty with a pedal bin liner and a few sheets of kitchen roll folded into a pad inside, or a cheap sanitary pad to soak up any wee, and tie it up after use, dispose at home/dog poo bin/ nappybin. The bonus with the Potette is it is smaller and can be folded, also can be converted to a toddler toilet seat.

Whenisitmysleepytime Sun 14-Aug-11 08:44:15

Sorry wasn't very clear. I meant walk through pub with full potty. Ds gave me v little notice so was no chance of getting to toilets.

I was hoping to find something a bit more discrete than out potty. The pottete looks good. Thanks!

aftereight Tue 16-Aug-11 22:12:38

I'm carrying a big potty round everywhere this week (day 5 now) and have been using a nappy to soak up the wee afterwards - just turn it inside out first and it soaks it up in seconds. Nappy into sealed bag and wait to find a bin. Not ideal to take potty to library/museum/shops but DS can't hold on yet, and won't sit on a toilet.

bessie26 Wed 17-Aug-11 08:57:57

We have a my carry potty DD1 has only really started using it the last few days, but loves it & it really does seal (I tested it by filling with water & shaking!) so no worries about leaks if there's nowhere appropriate to empty it!

bessie26 Wed 17-Aug-11 08:59:22

aftereight I read on another thread on here that a sanitary towel is a cheaper/smaller alternative to nappies for soaking up the wee!

aftereight Wed 17-Aug-11 17:05:53

Ah, thanks Bessie - thing is, I have a huge pack of nappies left over so may as well use them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now