Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need new ideas, please!

(2 Posts)
barnowl Thu 11-Aug-11 07:28:41

I've been potty training my 21mth old for a week now. She is dry at night but we're only getting 1 or 2 wee's a day in the potty. I sit her on there for ages, she doesn't go and then two mins after I get her off she wees on the floor. She lets me know when she's done it too. She is also holding for hours at a time. I don't know where to go from here as her older siblings all trained so easily. It seems like she knows what to do but just won't. I'm worried that if I go back to nappies then I'll be confusing her and sending the signal that she's got one over on mummy.

Thanks in advance for any help.

girlywhirly Thu 11-Aug-11 07:46:42

Just because her other siblings trained easily, doesn't mean she will automatically. Even if she knows what she's doing and is able to hold on a long time, doesn't mean she is emotionally ready for this. Try not to view it as a failure on either of your parts, She won't be 'getting one over on mummy' if you go back to nappies, in fact if you continue to push her, it will become a battle of wills and you won't get anywhere at all. I'd try again in a couple of months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now