Talk

Advanced search

Is it too early to start training or should I try?

(13 Posts)
anniemac Mon 08-Aug-11 11:50:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

anniemac Mon 08-Aug-11 11:51:36

Cleverything Mon 08-Aug-11 11:52:27

anniemac Mon 08-Aug-11 13:42:08

naturalbaby Mon 08-Aug-11 13:47:26

i potty trained ds1 fairly early (26months) and ds2 was 2 last week and has been using the potty for a few months but not reliably enough for me to call it potty training. more like using the potty when we've got enough time for me to hang making sure he doesn't forget and wee all over the carpet! i tried pull ups once and he just wet them so it's easier for him to keep him 1/2 naked. (we use cotton nappies so thy probably feel just like a regular nappy to him.) it's also quicker and easier for him to use the potty - he can go and sit on it himself if i'm busy with big/little brother.

Cleverything Mon 08-Aug-11 14:52:55

anniemac Mon 08-Aug-11 15:44:49

Cleverything Mon 08-Aug-11 15:57:05

anniemac Mon 08-Aug-11 16:24:17

maygirl Mon 08-Aug-11 23:42:50

Hi Anniemac, we were on the same antenatal thread!
I'd say go for it too, my DD, same age, has recently come out of nappies and it's been ok so far. We use toilets out and about, I just hold her without the kiddy seat. I do have a potette for when we're in parks etc, but usually use the toilets if available. I went for it now as wanted to get her reliable before back on DS's school run!!!

With pants, with both DCs I found they needed a few days with nothing on bums to get used to the idea! Initially anything against their skin was treated as a nappy! Now she's fine with pants on for out and about, but I usually still leave her bare bummed at home in a short skirt so can help herself to the potty when we're downstairs. She's too young to undress herself still, but giving it a good go pulling undies back up! Good idea about the steps, might get some and see if she'll start getting onto the toilet by herself. She can get off it alone and has a step by the sink for hand washing.
Good luck! grin

anniemac Wed 10-Aug-11 11:17:15

muslimah28 Wed 10-Aug-11 22:18:40

I say go for it. If you read up on elimination communication you'll find that the notion of being too young for potty training is false at any age. And if she's given you signs she wants to then go ahead! EC also teaches you tho that it is a gradual process the goal is not to be nappy free and tOilet trained ASAP but to do it at the child's pace and to learn to respond to yr child better. btw I didn't do ec, I strongly agree with it but couldn't do it full on myself. Instead Ive just been getting 14mo ds used to sitting on the toilet (been d

muslimah28 Wed 10-Aug-11 22:20:53

On phone but post before finished sorry!

...been doing this for some months now)
P
Also I have 2 nices and 2 nephews who all went straight to toilet, potties are not very nice things IMHO smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now